- No products in the cart.
HACKNEY WICKED IS OPEN!
Hundreds of artists open their doors for Hackney WickED DIY Open Studios 2016
Friday 29 – Sunday 31 July 2016
- Hackney WickED DIY Open Studios takes place Fri 29 – Sun 31 July
- Launch party on Friday 29th July explores subversive culture, and an opportunity to get ‘Greased-Up’ at Mick’s Garage for a Hackney WickED Late – RSVP here
- 100s of artists across over 20 buildings will open their studios, for your exploration and viewing on over the weekend (Friday 6-9pm, Sat 12-6pm, Sun 12-6pm)
- Immersive live art performance will take place throughout the weekend spontaneously across the Hackney Wick and Fish Island
- Street art commission at the Lord Napier
- Map will be available for collection at the info point at Mick’s Garage
This is your annual opportunity to explore the labyrinth of artist studios and creative spaces and meet and talk with artists and creative industries in the area.
It kicks off with an explosive evening at the former Mick’s Garage, curated by Laura May Lewis, with live art performance from STRONTIUM 92 <Alexis Milne>, Tex Royale, Lu Ma Oi, Stray Transmission. London Sound Painting Orchestra, Beatbox Collective, Marie Brenneis, Dean Todd, Aoife Van Linden, Mai Nguyen Tri & more.
So come along, grab your map and explore this wonderful place.
HW Friday Late:
6-9pm DIY Open Studios
6-11pm HW ‘GREASED UP’ Live at Mick’s Garage, Crate Brewery, Queen’s Yard
12-6pm DIY Open Studios
Evening events and programming will take place across all Hackney Wick venues including Grow Hackney, the Yard, Mick’s Garage, See Studio and Stour Space.
Studios confirmed to take part include: